- Almeria, Spain
- Not Specified
Rijk Zwaan is an independent, international organization specialized in the breeding, production and selling of vegetable seeds. Our headquarters are located in De Lier, the Netherlands. This expanding organization, with 28 subsidiaries in various countries, focuses on product development and product innovation. Our company is amongst the top 10 of vegetable seed companies worldwide. Our 1,900 employees work in many different locations all over the world, with enormous commitment, loyalty and dedication. The company culture is characterized by a motivating policy and a good working atmosphere. Turnover of personnel is, therefore, extremely low. Most vacancies are created due to our constant and strong growth.
For our breeding team melon, who is responsible for the development of new melon varieties, we are looking for a new breeder. In order to be able to realize our growth and ideas in the future we have a vacancy for the function of Melon Breeder at our location in Almería (Spain).
Main Responsibilities and Tasks:
- You are part of a specialist team who work on the melon-breeding programme. Within the programme, hybrid varieties are developed for various international markets.
- The work is very varied and is carried out in the field, glasshouse and office.
- This function makes you co-responsible for the development of new melon varieties.
- You manage and guide the work on generating variety, selecting the parent lines and testing the trial hybrids.
- You also organise and plan the breeding activities and make improvements where necessary.
- Apart from working in your own team, you also work closely with research departments, such as phytopathology and cell biology.
- Other departments you collaborate intensively with are crop care, production and commerce.
Educational background, Operational Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
· You have completed a study in Plant Breeding at university level and preferably already have some experience in practical plant breeding.
· You know how to set about your work and are passionate about the breeding profession.
· You are a practical breeder with a good view of the total breeding programme and process.
· You work very well independently but also enjoy working as part of a team.
· You communicate easily and make decisions in good consultation.
· Working accurately and in a structured way is an added requirement.
· You are also fluent in the English language and occasional travelling is no problem for you.
Information and applications:
For detailed information write to us.
Your written response plus CV may be sent to Rijk Zwaan, f.a.o. Mª del Mar Hernández, at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please fill in your details & attach your resume.